Thursday, August 29, 2013

Mozzarella, Chicken, & Asparagus Pasta


This was one of those first time recipes where my husband and I like to critique it as we're eating it, and that's where you all get the upper hand in trying the modifications that we will do NEXT time! ;)



1-2 chicken breasts, cubed 
bundle of asparagus, cut to 1" pieces
1/2 lb pasta cooked (I used penne, but rotini would be good!) 
1 onion, chopped
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
olive oil






While the pasta is cooking, and the asparagus is steaming (I like to use my rice cooker to steam veggies,) cook the chicken breast and saute the onions. I seasoned the chicken with kosher salt, pepper, and garlic powder, my usual! 








In a greased, 11x7 pan, add steamed asparagus, and the cooked cubed chicken and onions.

(At this point I might add some garlic salt, or kosher salt.)








Pour the cooked pasta over the chicken mixture. Drizzle olive oil over the mix, and lightly toss to coat chicken and asparagus. (Don't go too easy on the olive oil, however, don't drench the pasta.)







Top the pasta with mozzarella cheese, and sprinkle bread crumbs over cheese. 









Broil in the oven just until browning starts to begin. I like a nice crunch, so I broiled it for about 4-5 minutes... but ALWAYS watch a broiling oven! 30 seconds longer, and our pasta would have been burnt on top! 






A few things we noticed is that the original recipe needed some saltiness, so that's why I'd add garlic salt to the entire mixture.We also thought some sun dried tomatoes would go well in this pasta dish!

But whatever you choose... ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment