Friday, August 16, 2013

Chinese Chicken Salad

I love this salad recipe! It's easy to make, and pretty inexpensive as well! Thank you Aunt Nancy for this one...But as always... I have my spin on it! This usually makes enough for 4 people, and keeps well if it's not drenched in dressing overnight!



For the salad part, all you need is:

iceberg lettuce
bundle of green onions
1 pkg Top Roman noodles, crushed (I like chicken flavor)
slivered almonds
sunflower seeds
1 can mandarin oranges
cooked chicken breast, cubed
(I can usually get away with one cooked chicken breast, but you could use two)




For the dressing:

Notice: I absolutely LOVE this Oxo salad mixer... it has measurements on it, and works great for oil/vinegar based dressings, such as this one, because you can shake it up right before you pour, and very little mess!

3/4 cup veggie oil
6 Tbsp rice vinegar
4 tsp white sugar
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
AND... the secret ingredient...
the seasoning packet from the Top Roman noodles!

Shake and pour... & I like to pair this with the "Take and Bake" bread that you can get in the bakery section at your grocery store...

 ENJOY!!


1 comment: