Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Broccoli Salad

To quote my sister... "Hats off to whoever can get me to eat broccoli!"


All you need is:

2 bunches fresh broccoli (so, 4 bushels) 
10 slices of bacon, cooked and cut thin
1/2 red onion, chopped
2/3 cup raisins or dried cranberries 
1/4 cup sunflower seeds

1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp vinegar (I use apple cider) 

Here's the secret to mine... I use kitchen scissors to cut the broccoli into pretty small pieces... and I altered the original recipe (which was given to me at my bridal shower by my parent's neighbor... GREAT idea for an up-&-coming wife! ...have all the guests bring their favorite recipes to help her get started) I added the sunflower seeds, and change it up with dried cranberries instead of raisins. 

I've impressed people who aren't easily impressed with this dish ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment