Sunday, January 5, 2014

3 Ingredient Easy Mandarin Salad

Mandarin Almond Salad

This salad credit goes to my mom! I remember it at almost every Christmas dinner... It's super easy to throw together... and goes great with grilled chicken for a meal!


SALAD:

red leaf lettuce
red onion
mandarin oranges
candied almonds*

*How I do my candied nuts: Melt white sugar (which takes FOR-ever!) and as soon as it's melted, turn off heat and toss in nuts (I like using slivered almonds.) Coat the nuts, and pour out onto wax paper. Let cool, and then break up if needed.


DRESSING:

1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 Tbsp vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar, my mom uses white)
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp fresh parsley (or 1 tsp dry parsley)
salt and pepper
a bit of hot sauce (whatever is on hand) 


As said before... this is a great side dish... or add chicken for a meal!! 
Super easy! Inexpensive! Delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment