Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Simple Chicken Taquitos


These taquitos were my favorite and I remember getting so excited when my mom would make these for dinner... they are so simple, yet so good!!


All you need:

1-2 chicken breast, shredded
10 corn tortillas
veggie oil 
kosher salt

quacamole or salsa or whatever you'd like!








Rolling the taquitos can be quite tricky sometimes. I heat the tortillas individually, and roll a moderate amount of shredded chicken carefully, then place seam side down on a plate, and continue until I'm out of chicken or tortillas!




(I love making these and freezing half the taquitos for another dinner!)









I turn my non-stick electric skillet up to about 350 degrees, and place them in once the oil is hot.




(As you can see, my husband requests his well-done)











As soon as you take them out of the oven, sprinkle them with some salt. I love using kosher salt!



And you're done!!




Thanks mom for this recipe/meal idea!!

1 comment: