Monday, August 11, 2014

Burrito Bowl w/Chipotle Sauce

Wow! It's been over a month since I've blogged a meal!? And I had no excuse because it was summer vacation... hmm... well I'm quite disappointed in myself. 

Hopefully this easy burrito bowl will make up for it!




For the Bowl:
rice
salsa
tomatoes
onions
corn

black beans
lettuce
cheese
(and anything else you can think of!)

I've yet to find the perfect Spanish rice recipe (although I did skim through one earlier on Facebook that I might use next time!) However, for this, I simply made white rice in my handy dandy rice cooker, and mixed in salsa, corn, tomatoes, and onions. 



Then, for the homemade chipotle sauce, all you need is a Magic Bullet or a small blender and:

1/2 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream 
1 tsp adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)
2 gloves garlic
juice from 1 lime
dash of cumin 


Throw it all in the mixer, and that's it!

I'm kind of a baby when it comes to spice, so you can actually throw a chipotle pepper in there... I couldn't hang though. 

I made guacamole and had chips with this meal! Can't wait for the hubby to get home so he can try it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment